https://i.imgur.com/aeJqqIF.png 0 0 Association Officer https://i.imgur.com/aeJqqIF.png Association Officer2020-10-28 13:52:502020-10-31 15:01:22Not just surviving, thriving! Preparing for your first year of teaching in an EAL classroom
Not just surviving, thriving! Preparing for your first year of teaching in an EAL classroom
Wednesday 28 October, 4-5pm
Panel Discussion and Q&A
Laurence Guttmann, Rosemary Abboud, Margaret Corrigan, and Julia Lippold
Some resources that were shared within this session:
- Carringbush Education teacher training videos which are available at: https://www.carringbush.org.au/resources
- Foundation House: https://sifr.foundationhouse.org.au/ and https://foundationhouse.org.au/ There is an upcoming Calendar Professional Learning Session ‘Introduction to the Refugee Experience/Schools in for Refugees’ on November 19th 9:30 – 12:00. You can register here https://learn.foundationhouse.org.au/workshops/
- Choi, J., & Ollerhead, S. (Eds.). (2018). Plurilingualism in teaching and learning: complexities across contexts. New York: Routledge.
- VCAA Video Resources: https://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/curriculum/foundation-10/resources/english-as-an-additional-language/Pages/EALImplementationVideoResources.aspx
- Gibbon, P. (2015). Scaffolding language, scaffolding learning: teaching English language learners in the mainstream classroom. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann.
- Swan, M., & Smith, B. (2001). Learner English: A Teacher’s Guide to Interference and Other Problems. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- EALD Learners are Plurilingual: https://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/teachers/support/diversity/eal/Pages/EALD-learners-are-plurilingual.aspx
- PETAA (The Primary English Teaching Association Australia) – PETAA Papers: Pen 95 ‘What is a functional model of language?’ By Robyn Ewing
- Dr Jenny Barnett’s webinar on graduate EAL teacher standards: https://victesol.vic.edu.au/index.php/2020/09/08/meeting-graduate-standards-for-working-with-eal-d-learners-dr-jenny-barnett/
- Dr Sue Ollerhead’s (Macquarie University) webinar- Translanguaging in the Classroom (Please note: This is a VicTESOL member resource – Click here to become a member – Free for students and teachers in their first year of teaching)