https://i.imgur.com/aeJqqIF.png 0 0 Carly https://i.imgur.com/aeJqqIF.png Carly2020-10-28 13:52:502020-10-31 15:01:22Not just surviving, thriving! Preparing for your first year of teaching in an EAL classroom
Wednesday 28 October, 4-5pm
Panel Discussion and Q&A
Laurence Guttmann, Rosemary Abboud, Margaret Corrigan, and Julia Lippold
Some resources that were shared within this session:
- Carringbush Education teacher training videos which are available at: https://www.carringbush.org.au/resources
- Foundation House: https://sifr.foundationhouse.org.au/ and https://foundationhouse.org.au/ There is an upcoming Calendar Professional Learning Session ‘Introduction to the Refugee Experience/Schools in for Refugees’ on November 19th 9:30 – 12:00. You can register here https://learn.foundationhouse.org.au/workshops/
- Choi, J., & Ollerhead, S. (Eds.). (2018). Plurilingualism in teaching and learning: complexities across contexts. New York: Routledge.
- VCAA Video Resources: https://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/curriculum/foundation-10/resources/english-as-an-additional-language/Pages/EALImplementationVideoResources.aspx
- Gibbon, P. (2015). Scaffolding language, scaffolding learning: teaching English language learners in the mainstream classroom. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann.
- Swan, M., & Smith, B. (2001). Learner English: A Teacher’s Guide to Interference and Other Problems. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- EALD Learners are Plurilingual: https://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/teachers/support/diversity/eal/Pages/EALD-learners-are-plurilingual.aspx
- PETAA (The Primary English Teaching Association Australia) – PETAA Papers: Pen 95 ‘What is a functional model of language?’ By Robyn Ewing
- Dr Jenny Barnett’s webinar on graduate EAL teacher standards: https://victesol.vic.edu.au/index.php/2020/09/08/meeting-graduate-standards-for-working-with-eal-d-learners-dr-jenny-barnett/
- Dr Sue Ollerhead’s (Macquarie University) webinar- Translanguaging in the Classroom (Please note: This is a VicTESOL member resource – Click here to become a member – Free for students and teachers in their first year of teaching)