“Listening to AMEP Teachers”
A Forum with Alison Larkins,
Commonwealth Coordinator-General for Migrant Services
A follow on event from the ACTA Forum on The Future of the AMEP (11th Nov. 2020)
The Department of Home Affairs has provided answers to the questions that arose in the forum. These were collated and summarised under relevant headings by Helen and Jakki- refer to the file below:
Please view the Department’s answers in the file below:
Ms Larkins and the AMEP Team have agreed to participate in a follow-up “listening” meeting. The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 10th March 2021 7-9pm AEDT and will take place on Zoom. Because the meeting will include break-out groups, numbers must be limited to 100 participants.
** THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT! PLEASE REGISTER TO BE PLACED ON THE WAITING LIST **
Please note the questions at the end of the Department’s file to which Ms Larkins seeks feedback. The Zoom meeting will focus on providing this feedback.
1. What resources do teachers need to ensure quality teaching? How should they be shared?
2. How can the AMEP support the different needs of the diverse student cohorts, particularly those who have low literacy or limited formal education?
3. How can the AMEP benefit from advances in educational technology? What resources do teachers and students need in terms of digital and remote learning?
4. What is the ideal teaching environment (e.g. mode of delivery, class size, mixed levels)?
5. What role should AMEP providers play in seeking employment outcomes for students?