Thursday 3 June, 2021, 4-5pm
Online Event – Presentation and Conversation Rooms
This was an opportunity for teachers who are at a similar stage of their careers to share practice with teachers from other schools and institutions. A big part of this session was EAL resource sharing with Jennifer Peck from the Languages and Multicultural Education Resource Centre (LMERC) and and Eileen Wan (Blackburn English Language School). They presented on LMERC’s online and physical resources. This session was for pre-service teachers and early-career teachers (0-2 years) of EAL students, and teachers who are new to teaching EAL students.
Click here to access LMERC’s website.
Some suggested resource links from participants in this session included:
- LMERC‘s website can be accessed at: https://lmerc.softlinkhosting.com.au
- Phonics for ESOL adults – by Clare Harris (2020)
- The Book Next Door: A series of videos hosted on the YouTube Extra ESL Reading. Worksheets for every lesson at The Book Next Door website- Thebooknextdoor.com/worksheets
- Finding culturally diverse literature session by SLAV, LMERC & VicTESOL: https://victesol.vic.edu.au/index.php/2020/10/07/culturally-diverse-literature-part-3/
- Bow Valley College readers: ESL Literacy Readers- bowvalleycollege.ca
- SPELD SA: https://www.speldsa.org.au/SPELD-SA-Phonic-Readers-New-Series and https://www.speldsa.org.au/intensive-literacy-program
- TEAL: http://teal.global2.vic.edu.au/